I Wish I Would Have Known...
Let’s face it. Hindsight is 20/20, but this list gives you the opportunity to ensure you don’t make mistakes and can own with no regrets.
- Work with a Buyer's Agent (this is a free service to you, the buyer!)
- Ensure you have at least 1% of the sales price of the home to use as your Earnest Money check. This shows the seller that you're serious.
- Make sure all changes to the Offer to Purchase are in writing.
- Learn the home buying terminology.
- Learn the terms of financing.
- Don't get caught up on minor cosmetic issues. These are typically easy fixes.
- Do pay attention to more major repairs that could cost you a lot.
Steps to Finding The Right Home
- Check out the annual Parade of Homes to get ideas for your home purchase.
- When you get stressed out, hop on over to some of our favorite Raleigh spaces to unwind. Maybe you'll find some decorating inspiration at one of these spots!
- If you get stuck, we're always here to help.